In 2006 Noor Jordan Kuwait Investment company has introduced the (Mumayaz) Taxi service throughout Amman. Size of the fleet is 300 Toyota Corolla cars and 100 Mercedes cars. Investment cost was estimated at 15 Million JD. You can call ( 06 – 5799999 ) to request a taxi to come pick you up at your doorsteps. Toyota Taxi meter starts at .580 JD while Mercedes Taxi meter starts at 1 JD compared to the Yellow Taxi meter that starts at .250 JD. Also Meter fare is .10 JD per 53 meters while Yellow Taxi meter fare is .10 JD per 58 meters.
So, What is so “Mumayaz” about this Taxi service?
- Accessibility: You can call the hotline number 24/7, and have Mumayaz taxi at your doorsteps.
- Coverage: Their services stretches outside Amman city to all over Jordan.
- Pricing: Charge is as shown per meter. Which makes its most affordable way to use after midnight and airport trips. Beside fare is not too expensive compared to yellow taxi.
- Safety: All Mumayaz taxis are marked, drivers are clean cut with uniforms. Taxi in good mechanical condition.
- Not well supervised.
- No enough knowledge of Amman map.
- Communication issues with supervisor of drivers and clients.
- In need for more Customer Service skills.
- They should know basic English.
- In need for more Customer Service Skills.
I think this is a great project and it could be managed in a better way. There is a need for more Basic training in terms of customer service, hygiene, English and so on.
Also, in terms of technology, there should be a way to track drivers and maybe also send the GPS point of arrival to the assigned driver’s GPS system.
Drivers should be incentivized, wages should be paid on time. A pointer system should be placed to award top drivers in terms of revenue generated, best customer services and so on.
Do share your experience with Al-Mumayaz taxi with us.