Yes, they should and here are few tips:
- Listen and learn: See what are you competitors are doing, listen to your customers, engage selectively and use Twitter as a crowd-source platform
- Lead by example: Show your employees how it is done. Be responsible for what you say online – the only guidelines to follow is to act within values
- Be personal: Humanize yourself and let people see the humane side in you. Talk to them as if you are talking to your family and close friends, avoid using titles.
- Have some fun: Spread positive energy, add some humor, talk about your hobbies
- Be an Expert in your field: Tweet about your core business and niche market. But don’t self promote yourself
- Develop thick skin: You will get negative feedback, conversation & quick resolution will solve any issue. Think empathy.
- Monitor your brand online: see who is talking about you and your brand and engage them.
Secret to a winning Social Media presence is sustainability. Just keep doing it and people will appreciate your presence if nothing else.