A US/Jordanian Social Media Strategist with the ability to translate concepts into strong social media campaigns. Most recently served as the Digital Director for the Jordanian Government, where I managed social media for the Prime Minister and the Government as a whole. Managed and consulted with public and private brands. Was listed as one of Top 100 Most Influencer Arabs on Twitter in 2012. And is a member of Hillingdon Cresswell a communications management consultancy with offices in Europe and the Middle East (http://www.hillingdoncresswell.com/expertise.php)
Here is a history of my Social Media engagements:
- Created an aggregator for Jordanian blogs back in 2006 (http://www.jordanblogs.com)
- Created a Facebook Group for meetups of Jordanians on twitter in 2008 (http://j.mp/ikuvVC)
- Created #Top50JO hashtag to list top 50 best things about Jordan on Twitter which went viral (http://j.mp/hP724c)
- Video of one of Jotweetup campaign events (#Top50JO): (http://j.mp/hNRy2e)
- Held an interview with Jordan Foreign Minister @NasserJudeh on twitter (http://j.mp/fauYEL)
- I’m one of the founders & organizers of Amman Tech Tuesday (AmmanTT) (http://www.ammantt.com)
- Jo Magazine upcoming September 2010 article about AmmanTT (http://bit.ly/aFGnMm)
- AmmanTT in the press: (http://j.mp/hNNTff)
- AmmanTT video About Social Media & Government: (http://j.mp/gFQXPO)
- Created a new hashtag #ReformJO during the protest in Jordan (http://bit.ly/xAR0Ao)
- Created Campaigns for some of the top brands in Jordan
- Helped some of the top brands with online crisis management
- Trained Consulted UK Embassy in Jordan, CNBC Arabia (Dubai) and Jordan Foreign Ministry Social Media Department.
- Panel speaker & Workshop Trainer at Government Social Media Conference June 2011 in Dubai
Past Social Media Workshops:
- British Embassy in Jordan Jan 2011
- Jordan Prime Ministry Communication Department Feb 2011
- Jordan Foreign Ministry Private Office Feb 2011
- CNBC Arabia – Dubai March 2011
- Speaker1st Digital Media Conference in Dubai April 2011
- Twitter 101 sessions for the general public
- SM Basics Dec 2011
- ABCs of SM for Corps Dec 2011
- Better Business Training Co. Dec 2011
- Intrinsic Feb 2012
- Adpro Communications Feb 2012
- MEPI Feb 2012
- Jordan River Foundation March 2012
- Umniah March 2012
- Takeyet Um Ali March 2012
- Bahrain International #E-Government Forum April 2012
- Social Media Tips and Trends in the Arab World from the MediaME Forum | http://bit.ly/rLAlMn
- The 100 Most Influential Arabs on Twitter | Wamda.com http://bit.ly/wO8yLt
- How to Increase Your Social Media Influence with Klout | Wamda.com http://bit.ly/yiKbZk
Cell: +962 79 73 88044
jordan cell : +962 79 73 88044
- Dedicated manager with strong work ethic and the ability to build lasting client relationships.
- Experienced in Business Development Management and Corporate Sales.
- Adept to motivated employees to perform to their maximum potential.
- Exceptional organizational and planning skills. Adaptable, enjoys new challenges.
- Fluent in English and Arabic.
- Social Media: Linkedin, Facebook, Blogs & Twitter.
- Social Media Enthusiast, Strategist, Government Relations, Self Branding, Crisis Management, Reputation Management.
- Technically proficient in MS Office, Adobe PhotoShop, Adobe Acrobat Writer, SmartDraw, OrgPlus, Outlook and WordPress.
Social Media Instructor Convo² – Jordan April 2011– Present
Social Media Training, Consultancy & Management
- Social Media consultation for Private & Public sectors
- Social Media in-house training for Private & Public sectors
- Social Media Management for Private & Public sectors
Digital Media Director at Prime Ministry of Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan – Jordan August 2010 – April 2011
- Establishing Digital Media and setting up objectives & strategy for Prime Ministry Office and assist Digital departments across Government Ministries.
- Setting up Guidelines to use Twitter & “Connect with PM” Blog for all Prime Ministry employees.
- Manage Prime Ministry Twitter account @PrimeMinistry & @DigiDirJO
- Verified all Ministers twitter accounts.
- Monitor and produce sentiment reports for PM Twitter account @SamirAlRifai.
- Branding Government Ministry presence online and unifying the message.
- Administrating Prime Minister’s website http://pmo.gov.jo.
- Community Management: ”Connect with Prime minister” online Forum.
- Content Creation: Updating PM website with fresh content – Create an engaging Facebook page – Upload photos to Flickr – Upload videos Youtube – Updating Wikipedia with fresh credible content.
- Reputation Management & Crisis Management.
- Gain control and establish a credible source of media about the Prime Ministry and Government.
- Engaging with citizens by answering issues and complaints via channeling then follow up and revert back.
Business Development Manager at Altaameer Real Estate Investment Company – Kuwait 2008 – 2010
Al Taameer Real Estate Investment Company exclusively holds the master franchise of Ramada Hotel trademark in several countries in the MENA region and has recently added Ramada Encore (the three-star brand of Ramada) trademark to its growing real estate portfolio.
- Analyzed assigned market and identified prospective associates.
- Reported to the CEO directly.
- Generated leads by referrals, cold calling, relationship building, and direct mail.
- Created alternative approaches in overcoming customer’s objections.
- Resourcefulness in completing a variety of assignments by utilizing the internet through social media, Travel Leaders Associates, teammates, BDMs, and sales tools.
- Turned in daily, weekly, and monthly reports accurately and in a timely manner.
- Completed special projects & assignments in accordance with project plan.
- Established relationships with vendors and suppliers, and franchise owners to benefit the corporate goal.
- Achieved doable sales goals and objectives.
- Lead and participate in team projects to ensure highest possible outcome of success.
- Established relationship with Governmental and hospitality leaders.
- Advised on legal & financial firms.
- Helped marketing our Brand & services through social marketing online tools.
- Stayed updated with Market Hospitality studies and articles.
Client Services Manager at Global Investment House – Kuwait 2007 – 2008.
- Networking with Corporate and High net worth investors in North Africa (Libya,Algeria) and South East Asia (South Korea,Japan,Hong Kong).
- Experienced in operations management, sales, budget development, staffing and cost control.
- Exceptional organizational and planning skills. Adaptable, enjoys new challenges.
- Business development activities include: sourcing, qualifying clients, identifying potential decision makers, establishing contact relationships, completing company and department profiles, marketing and sales.
- Planning, execution, cultivation, and monitoring of accounts.
- Established Back office Department (subscription-redemption-loan application process-creating new prospects- turning prospects into clients- AML – Compliance).
- Cleared (Funds and financial products moving between our firm and our clients).
- Settled (confirmation of ownership) smoothly and accurately.
- Having sole responsibility for handling high net worth clients.
- Prospecting new leads for the whole department which covers investors from MENA, GCC & ASIA.
- Categorized clients from company database according to regions and assigned them accordingly to our sales group.
- Censored our Client database for missing documents.
- Organized AML & Compliance meetings for our department and established a new compliance manual.
- Attended advanced in-house Finance and Compliance classes.
- Being involved in recruiting and training new team members.
Regional Sales Manager at Wireless Digital – Alabama, USA 2000 – 2007.
- Hiring, training, managing, and leading a sales force team of 16 people.
- Negotiating business, contracts to achieve business profitability.
- Utilizing interpersonal, coaching, and team building skills to motivate sales, staff and employees
- Increased sales of communication products and services to new and existing customers by 35%. Products and services sold include, telephone service, internet, web hosting, unified communications, phone equipment and cell phones.
- Increased percentage of additional product sales (beyond basic service) to customers based on review and analysis of customer accounts, then making appropriate recommendations to the customer. Handle and clear customer issues and complaints resulting in appropriate modifications to existing orders
- Assist in billing collections by resolving disputes and making collection calls. Process electronic payments.
- Increased customer win back and retention rates.
- Won monthly and quarterly awards for achieving and exceeding sales goals
System Analyst at Vulcan Publications – Alabama, USA 1998 – 2000.
- Built and maintained standard and non-standard desktop images, performing extensive testing to ensure compatibility prior to releasing to production.
- Troubleshot, diagnosed, and resolved complex issues with the network, connectivity, DNS, IPs, and printer connectivity.
- Documented standard processes and procedures pertaining to IT issues.
- Served as Team Lead on special projects, overseeing resource allocation of 20 individuals.
- Maintained Desktops, Laptops, Printers, and phones for 400 users.
- Quickly mastered new database software (SB Client). Subsequently asked to train total staff on the different aspects of this software.
- Minimized system downtime while maximizing desktop and applications uptime.
- Overhauled the process for building PC images and deploying software, replacing the manual processes with more efficient and accurate automated ones.
Global Investment House In-House Training:
- “AML, Compliance, Code of Conducts” Training Course by Compliance Director.
- “Client Relationship Management” Training Course by Robert Westip.
- “Basic Investment” Training Course by Mike Mullan.
- “Finance For Non Financials” Training Course by Waseem Anwar.
- “Positive People Skills” Training Course by Anne McDougall.
Masters of Science in Management: Faulkner University (Alabama, USA), 2005 – 2007. GPA 3.2/4.0
Bachelor in Business Administration: Faulkner University (Alabama, USA), 2001 – 2005. GPA 3.4/4.0
- Fluent in both English , Arabic and Basic French & Spanish
Amman Tech Tuesday Co-Founder / Organizer.
Arab/American Democrat Representative for the state of Alabama.