Social Media Consultant / Trainer
A US/Jordanian Social Media Strategist with the ability to translate concepts into strong social media campaigns. Managing Zain Jordan Social Media and most recently served as the Digital Director for the Jordanian Government, where he managed social media for the Prime Minister and the Government as a whole. Managing and consulting public and private brands, he was listed as one of Top 100 Most Influencer Arabs on Twitter in 2012. He is a member of Hillingdon Cresswell a communications management consultancy with offices in Europe and the Middle East http://bit.ly/jBw6sy
* Viral Hashtags:
* My infographs http://visual.ly/users/shusmo
* My Blog http://shusmo.me
* My Scoop of Fresh Articles http://www.scoop.it/t/sm
Past Social Media Workshops:
– British Embassy in Jordan Jan 2011
– Jordan Prime Ministry Communication Department Feb 2011
– Jordan Foreign Ministry Private Office Feb 2011
– CNBC Arabia – Dubai March 2011
– Speaker1st Digital Media Conference in Dubai April 2011
– Twitter 101 sessions for the general public
– SM Basics Dec 2011
– ABCs of SM for Corps Dec 2011
– Better Business Training Co. Dec 2011
– Intrinsic Feb 2012
– Adpro Communications Feb 2012
– MEPI Feb 2012
– Jordan River Foundation March 2012
– Umniah March 2012
– Takeyet Um Ali March 2012
– Speaker at Gaza Social Media Marketing Conference March 2012 (via Skype)
– Bahrain International #E-Government Forum April 2012
– Libya two week workshop for youth April 2012
– LSESD One day Social Media Workshop April 2012
– LG Levant Media Club One day Social Media workshop May 2012
– Social Media Workshop at Zeepad December 2012
– Full Day Social Media Workshop at Jordan University December 2012 (400 Attendees)
– Google Plus Debate with Parliament Election Candidates January 2013
– Full – Day Social Media workshop at Jordan university http://on.fb.me/V7jwL3
– MediaME 2013 Panelist & Workshop Trainer http://on.fb.me/VLqHmR
– Social Media Workshop at Zee Launch Pad http://on.fb.me/UWW6S7
– Social Media Workshop for GIZ regional Ana Hunna teams
– Keynote speaker at IREX end of project conference
– Social Media Workshop for Health Care Accreditation Council (HCAC)
– Twitter Q&A with Prince Talal March 2013
– Full Day Social Media Workshop at Jordan University March 2013 (300 Attendees)
– King Hussein Bin Talal Cancer Foundation Social Media Consultation 2013
– MENAICT 2013 Social Media Partner
– NewThink Festival Social Media Partner Summer 2013
* In the Press:
v The 100 Most Influential Arabs on Twitter http://bit.ly/wO8yLt
v جريدة الغد – 2.2 مليون مستخدم أردني فعّال على “فيسبوك” http://bit.ly/JmZ0AH
v مقابلة على التلفزيون الأردني مايو 2012 http://bit.ly/LajvR1
v Interview at France24 Arabic June 12 http://bit.ly/KSz7sk
v Interview at Amman Radio http://bit.ly/KSz5kh
v 37 ألف أردني يستخدمون شبكة “تويتر” http://bit.ly/KSz0NE
v Kuwait’s Twitterville thrives Kuwait Times http://bit.ly/MuGbKr
v Listed in the 50 BestTwitter Feeds about the Middle East List http://bit.ly/LNyvSY
v Podcast with TecOneFive from Oman Social Media Arab Presence http://bit.ly/LNyvSY
v Speaker at TEDx Petra University 2012 http://bit.ly/Ml9uNa
v قاعدة مستخدمي “تويتر” في الأردن ترتفع %253 في تسعة أشهر http://t.co/DpL8okKc
v جريدة الغد -سوق ومال – تقديرات بزيادة قاعدة مستخدمي “تويتر” العرب إلى 4 ملايين مستخدم http://bit.ly/XfPsgi
v جريدة الغد -سوق ومال – مشروع تقني أردني يرصد الشخصيات الأكثر تأثيرا على ” تويتر” و “فيسبوك” http://bit.ly/PmS8FB @Top100Arabs
v جريدة الغد -سوق ومال – استخدامات الأردنيين لشبكات التواصل الاجتماعي: كثير من التسلية والتعارف قليل من المعرفة http://bit.ly/X5A7yB
KH A L E D EL A H M A D
- Dedicated manager with strong work ethic and the ability to translate concepts into strong social media campaigns which connect with online communities.
- Experienced in Social Media Strategist with proven records.
- Adept to motivated employees to perform to their maximum potential.
- Exceptional organizational and planning skills. Adaptable, enjoys new challenges.
- Most recently served as Digital Director for the Jordanian Government, where he managed social media for the Prime Minister and the Government.
- Social Media Enthusiast, Strategist, Government Relations, Self Branding, Crisis Management, Reputation Management.
Social Media Manager at Zain – Jordan June 2012– Present
- Establishing the Emotional link with our clients
- Building the Social Media Department.
- Setting up Social Media Strategy
- Social Media Training
- Monitoring Zain Jordan presence
- Engaging with fans across Social Media platforms
- Generating reports measuring Key Social Media KPIs (Reach, Sentiments, Impressions…)
- Digital Media Ad Campaigns
- Organizing Offline Community Activities (Tweetups, Customer Appreciation Day, Offline SM Contests,..)
- Raised Number of Twitter followers from 18,000 to 249,000 in two years.
- Raised Facebook Fan Page number from 150,000 to 1,197,000 in two years.
- Improved Brand sentiment with a substantial % in six months.
- Planned Offline activities for online influencers that created a viral buzz.
- Rose Zain Jordan Klout score to 82 competing with Global Telco Brands.
- Zain Jordan Facebook Page scored number ONE in Rate of Engagement & Most devoted Brand in Jordan by socialbakers.com
Social Media Consultant / Instructor at DigiArabs – Jordan April 2011– Present
Social Media Training, Consultancy & Management
- Social Media consultation for Private & Public sectors
- Social Media in-house training for Private & Public sectors
- Social Media Management for Private & Public sectors
- Consulting public brands such as Foreign Ministry, where recently held a Twitter Q&A session and was broadcast live a couple of weeks before Obama’s Twitter session, and the UK Embassy in Jordan.
- A sample of Brands I consulted with:
- UK Embassy Jordan
- Jordan Foreign Embassy
- CNBC Arabia – Dubai
- King Hussein Cancer Foundation
- Adpro PR Agency
- Umniah Telco
- Jordan River Foundation
- Tikyet Um Ali Foundation
- Bahrain International E-Government 2011 – 2012
- Lebanon Babtist Middle East Bible Outreach
- LG Jordan Media Club
- MediaME 2012 Forum
- Free Public All-Day Workshop at Jordan University (400 attendees)
- GIZ 3 Days Workshop
- Speaker at IREX end of project Conference
- Social Media Consultant for Health Care Accreditation Council (HCAC)
- Twitter Q&A with Prince Talal March 2013
- Full Day Social Media Workshop at Jordan University March 2013 (300 Attendees)
- King Hussein Bin Talal Cancer Foundation Social Media Consultation 2013
- MENAICT 2013 Social Media Consultant
- NewThink Festival Social Media Consultant Summer 2013
- Al-Aman Fund Social Media Workshop June 2013
- EU Youth Participation Social Media Workshop – Tunisia July 2013
Digital Media Director at Prime Ministry of Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan – Jordan August 2010 – April 2011
- Establishing Digital Media and setting up objectives & strategy for Prime Ministry Office and assist Digital departments across Government Ministries.
- Setting up Guidelines to use Twitter & “Connect with PM” Blog for all Prime Ministry employees.
- Manage Prime Ministry Twitter account @PrimeMinistry & @DigiDirJO
- Verified all Ministers twitter accounts.
- Monitor and produce sentiment reports for PM Twitter account @SamirAlRifai.
- Branding Government Ministry presence online and unifying the message.
- Administrating Prime Minister’s website http://pmo.gov.jo.
- Community Management: “Connect with Prime minister” online Forum.
- Content Creation: Updating PM website with fresh content – Create an engaging Facebook page – Upload photos to Flickr – Upload videos Youtube – Updating Wikipedia with fresh credible content.
- Reputation Management & Crisis Management.
- Gain control and establish a credible source of media about the Prime Ministry and Government.
- Engaging with citizens by answering issues and complaints via channeling then follow up and revert back.
Business Development Manager at Altaameer Real Estate Investment Company – Kuwait 2008 – 2010
Al Taameer Real Estate Investment Company exclusively holds the master franchise of Ramada Hotel trademark in several countries in the MENA region and has recently added Ramada Encore (the three-star brand of Ramada) trademark to its growing real estate portfolio.
- Analyzed assigned market and identified prospective associates.
- Reported to the CEO directly.
- Generated leads by referrals, cold calling, relationship building, and direct mail.
- Created alternative approaches in overcoming customer’s objections.
- Resourcefulness in completing a variety of assignments by utilizing the internet through social media, Travel Leaders Associates, teammates, BDMs, and sales tools.
- Turned in daily, weekly, and monthly reports accurately and in a timely manner.
- Completed special projects & assignments in accordance with project plan.
- Established relationships with vendors and suppliers, and franchise owners to benefit the corporate goal.
- Achieved doable sales goals and objectives.
- Lead and participate in team projects to ensure highest possible outcome of success.
- Established relationship with Governmental and hospitality leaders.
- Advised on legal & financial firms.
- Helped marketing our Brand & services through social marketing online tools.
- Stayed updated with Market Hospitality studies and articles.
Client Services Manager at Global Investment House – Kuwait 2007 – 2008.
- Networking with Corporate and High net worth investors in North Africa (Libya, Algeria) and South East Asia (South Korea, Japan, Hong Kong).
- Experienced in operations management, sales, budget development, staffing and cost control.
- Exceptional organizational and planning skills. Adaptable, enjoys new challenges.
- Business development activities include: sourcing, qualifying clients, identifying potential decision makers, establishing contact relationships, completing company and department profiles, marketing and sales.
- Planning, execution, cultivation, and monitoring of accounts.
- Established Back office Department (subscription-redemption-loan application process-creating new prospects- turning prospects into clients- AML – Compliance).
- Cleared (Funds and financial products moving between our firm and our clients).
- Settled (confirmation of ownership) smoothly and accurately.
- Having sole responsibility for handling high net worth clients.
- Prospecting new leads for the whole department which covers investors from MENA, GCC & ASIA.
- Categorized clients from company database according to regions and assigned them accordingly to our sales group.
- Censored our Client database for missing documents.
- Organized AML & Compliance meetings for our department and established a new compliance manual.
- Being involved in recruiting and training new team members.
Regional Sales Manager at Wireless Digital – Alabama, USA 2000 – 2007.
- Hiring, training, managing, and leading a sales force team of 16 people.
- Negotiating business, contracts to achieve business profitability.
- Utilizing interpersonal, coaching, and team building skills to motivate sales, staff and employees Achievements:
- Increased sales of communication products and services to new and existing customers by 35%. Products and services sold include, telephone service, internet, web hosting, unified communications, phone equipment and cell phones.
- Increased percentage of additional product sales (beyond basic service) to customers based on review and analysis of customer accounts, then making appropriate recommendations to the customer. Handle and clear customer issues and complaints resulting in appropriate modifications to existing orders
- Assist in billing collections by resolving disputes and making collection calls. Process electronic payments.
- Increased customer win back and retention rates.
- Won monthly and quarterly awards for achieving and exceeding sales goals
System Analyst at Vulcan Publications – Alabama, USA 1998 – 2000.
- Built and maintained standard and non-standard desktop images, performing extensive testing to ensure compatibility prior to releasing to production.
- Troubleshot, diagnosed, and resolved complex issues with the network, connectivity, DNS, IPs, and printer connectivity.
- Documented standard processes and procedures pertaining to IT issues.
- Served as Team Lead on special projects, overseeing resource allocation of 20 individuals.
- Maintained Desktops, Laptops, Printers, and phones for 400 users.
- Quickly mastered new database software (SB Client). Subsequently asked to train total staff on the different aspects of this software.
- Minimized system downtime while maximizing desktop and applications uptime.
- Overhauled the process for building PC images and deploying software, replacing the manual processes with more efficient and accurate automated ones.
- Masters of Science in Management: Faulkner University (Alabama, USA), 2005 – GPA 3.2/4.0
- Bachelor in Business Administration: Faulkner University (Alabama, USA), 2001 – GPA 3.4/4.0
Global Investment House In-House Training:
- “AML, Compliance, Code of Conducts” Training Course by Compliance Director.
- “Client Relationship Management” Training Course by Robert Westip.
- “Basic Investment” Training Course by Mike Mullan
- “Finance For Non Financials” Training Course by Waseem Anwar.
- “Positive People Skills” Training Course by Anne McDougall.
Fluent in both English and Arabic
Amman Tech Tuesday Co-Founder
Arab/American Democrat Representative for the state of Alabama
Mobile: +962 79 73 88044